Join as a member and get in on the act.
Edinburgh International Festival showcases the very best performers at an annual celebration of global arts in one of the world’s leading cultural centres. We also create moments of magic throughout the year for different communities, generations and cultures to connect, share and be inspired.
As a charity, we rely on the support of our members to help us present this world-class event year on year.
Become a member today to access exclusive events during the 2023 International Festival, priority booking for the 2024 International Festival and other exciting benefits.
Our Membership Options
- priority booking for International Festival events
- regular newsletter mailings and e-mails
- the International Festival brochure mailed to you
- access to a programme of member events
- free exchange on tickets purchased
- ticket discounts on a range of International Festival performances
- membership card with discounts and offers from selected partners
All the benefits of a Friend Plus membership and:
- an additional day of priority booking for International Festival events in advance of Friend and Friend Plus members
- an invitation to a private reception on the opening night of the International Festival
- acknowledgement of your support in the International Festival event programmes
All the benefits of a Patron membership and:
- an additional day of priority booking for International Festival events in advance of Patron members
- invitations to private receptions on the opening and closing nights of the International Festival
- acknowledgement of your support in the International Festival brochure
- access to ten International Lounges during intervals at selected venues (dates subject to availability)
All the benefits of an Ambassador membership and:
- an additional day of priority booking for International Festival events in advance of Ambassador members
- an invitation to a special event with the Directors of the International Festival
Membership Terms and Conditions
During the priority booking period members can access up to four tickets per International Festival event before booking opens to the public. This remains subject to availability. Access to tickets for Member events during August is subject to availability. Access to events by invitation (such as the Members programme launch event) is subject to availability.
Edinburgh International Festival reserves the right to change or limit the amount of tickets available for purchase during the priority booking period for specific events where necessary.
Edinburgh International Festival tickets sold both during and after the priority booking period are subject to terms and conditions although Edinburgh International Festival members are entitled to free exchange on all tickets purchased.
Applications to pay for International Festival membership by Direct Debit will not be accepted between 1 March– 8 April.
Membership of the Edinburgh International Festival is available on an annual basis only and, therefore, the cancellation of a monthly Direct Debit instruction prior to the fulfilment of the full annual cost of membership may result in the cancellation of any tickets purchased during the priority booking period.
No refund, exchange or cash alternative is available in place of any Edinburgh International Festival membership benefits.
Gift membership vouchers are non-transferable and are can be activated within 24 months of the date of issue. Once activated, gift memberships are valid for 12 months.
Edinburgh International Festival reserves the right to change the benefits and terms and conditions that apply to membership at any time.